Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I Slow On The Uptake?

A sample board of ~1" of each chain would be nice, even in a base metal.

They used to do a sample board when they first started with lengths of silver chain but there was only a choice of 6 or so styles then. It was very handy.

So perhaps more of a sample paste-table now?

I always end up referring back to the Curteis catalogue - which has the advantage of showing chains at 1:1, so I really can see what I'm getting. I struggle to visualise the size of chain links from a description, and find this really helps. I've always found their customer service to be excellent.

I was up in Greville Street last week too and popped into the Bellore/Rashbel shop, which is at the premises of Bellore's at No. 39. I asked who-bought-who out and it appears that Bellore's took over Rashbel's. I have been exasperated by Rashbel's for the last couple of years so I hope that Bellore's will sort it all out. They had plenty of the pearl wire I was after at a few different guages and at a decent price too...no names mentioned here. Good range of findings too, particularly in GF which is usually hard to come by.

I'm a fan of Curteis too, I am occasionally stumped by the website, but their service is excellent.
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Curteis are who I have had recommended for chains. I've not tried them yet (only an occasional chain user at the moment), but they're well regarded amongst ACJW.
    I do actually buy most of my chain from Curteis, there was just a particular trace chain Cookies used to do that I've yet to find a perfect match for.

I placed an order with Bellore on Thursday evening. It's now Wednesday and no parcel has come.

I emailed today about the status of my order, which I was led to believe would go out 1st class Recorded. I was told that they've tried to contact me by phone to let me know some of the items I ordered are out of stock (yet the items were shown as in stock on their website when I placed the order) and they need to get my card details off me again over the phone to refund me. Since they didn't reach me by phone, I'm not sure why they couldn't have emailed me just to let me know the order was not going out instead of leaving me in limbo, waiting for a parcel that was never going to arrive.

I'm now waiting for an answer on what items are out of stock. Unless from this point on they pull their socks up it's unlikely I'll be ordering from them again.

They're still in the process of integrating the Rashbel inventory onto their website, so the stock list there is not accurate at all. They're very apologetic about it when you actually speak to them, but I agree, it would be helpful if the website actually reflected what was going on at the moment.

In reality, I always find it easier to order from them by phone and get them to stock check there and then.