Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I Slow On The Uptake?

Default Am I Slow On The Uptake?

Walking through Greville Street, Hatton Garden this morning I noticed that Bellore/Rashbel have joined forces. There are interesting things in the window. Let's hope its a change for the better. Dennis.

This happened a few months ago, but all I've seen so far is more out of stock products than ever. Which is not a good thing.

yup, the rashbel site has just been a list of out of stock things as far as I can see :-( (Stopped looking a month ago as it was just a waste of time)

I used to get some loose silver chain from Rashbel after Cooksons stopped stocking the one I liked, went into Bellore to see if they would be stocking it and they said no My quest continues...

Curteis are who I have had recommended for chains. I've not tried them yet (only an occasional chain user at the moment), but they're well regarded amongst ACJW.

My boss when I started making jewellery in the late 70's bought chain from Curteis when they first started and I followed on from the early 80's until now.Can't recommend them enough even though I don't like how the website works but that could be me having grey moments!

I have just looked at the Curteis site and they dont appear to sell loose chain, or many sterling silver ones, so that leaves me still looking.

Eh? Under "Chain", I've selected belcher; silver, loose (deselected 18") - and got 52 results. Assuming I counted them correctly.

I used to buy loose chain from Curteis in the 80's but have swapped over to finished lengths now (lazy I know!) but call them. Also as Peter says sometimes the choice of chain I find is a bit too much rather than not enough.