Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foredom Hammer Handpiece

If you look at the recent rings I posted in show & tell, all three were set with a foredom hammer hand piece.

As I cast the settings, this was the best way to do it as I intentionally made them really sturdy.

Cheers,

Nick

If you set stones for a profession then you'll want one as it helps speed up some jobs & you never know what comes up.
    If you only make your own stuff then maybe not necessary as you can manage mostly without & make things abit easier to manage (thinner/softer) maybe.

Yeh it would only be my own, I do a few settings myself at the moment but hoping to learn others, the one I was looking at is around £100 so not toooo bad, compared to the micromotor one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Chris said, they're useful tools for stonesetting, but also for texturing if you buy diamond tipped anvils or if you shape your own which is pretty easy to do.

I dont use mine every week, but its nice to have laid on my desk when a job pops up requiring its use. The cost isnt astronomical either so thats also a bonus.

Nick

The micromotor handpieces are abit of an investment, but eventually the pain of paying goes away.