Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for these thong ends ...?

Default Looking for these thong ends ...?

I've been asked to repair this bracelet and am looking for these thong ends and have drawn a blank. Can anyone recommend a supplier...?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	April 2014 - Claires bracelet 003.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	6007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	April 2014 - Claires bracelet 004.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	6008

Many thanks in advance.
    Jules

They look like they could be from one of the 'european' bracelet systems. Are they silver or zamac?

Its got 'charm company' on the clasp and is stamped 925.
    Last edited by Petal; 17-04-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    Jules

If you don't find any Jules, would they accept ends made from tubing and a jump ring? a bit of epoxy would glue the thong in and then you could add a simple fastener. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sb Making A Snake End.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    If you don't find any Jules, would they accept ends made from tubing and a jump ring? a bit of epoxy would glue the thong in and then you could add a simple fastener. Dennis.
    Thanks for offering Dennis, but no, I can't, as the way the charm bracelet works means the ends slot into the clasp with a rounded 'bit' - technical term there haha. If I can't find any, I'll see if she wants a complete redo, using the thong ends I do have. It will mean she won't be able to use any charms she may have, which would be a shame. She's a horsey type too, so they will need to be super strong.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    She's a horsey type too, so they will need to be super strong.
    Please tell me she's not wearing it while mucking out...?
    (on the other hand, I have had a few jobs through people doing exactly that sort of thing - "my diamond ring got caught in his teeth, can you fix it?"!)

Looking at the photos again, that's just leather braid, isn't it? Not treasured tail hair or anything. Can you burn it out (it'll stink, BTW) and reuse the existing findings, or do they need repair too?

I hadn't thought of burning it out Peter - would that just torching it then...? I was thinking of getting another set of thong ends, just in case I mess up the existing ones. Gawd, I haven't a clue if she wears it when mucking out, but I'd assume she does! haha She started with two horses, but now has three, so kept pretty busy. Plus she trains others for work too.....
    Jules

Well, it'll probably be glued in - so not even that far. Warm it to soften the adhesive & pull hard. If there's a retaining pin it's more of a nuisance (good practice, pest to work on) - that probably would need a full burn, then would need drilling out and a new one fitted, either riveted or welded.

3 horses? Sounds familiar

I'm looking forward to it, as its given me some other ideas for clasps that I've been working on for a while and as you say its good practice. Many thanks for that Peter.
    Jules