Thread: Rose coloured hard gold plating

Default Rose coloured hard gold plating

Does anybody know where you can get a proper pink coloured rose gold plating solution. The one I have (Micaura 4R) is very pale. It's a very pretty colour, but customers are asking for a much pinker finish.
    Regards
    Adam

This was discussed here only a week or so ago. http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sho...ight=rose+gold.

I have read that there are two colours of gold with added copper. The darker being simply red gold and the lighter rose gold. From my experience of making the Russian wedding ring, the difference between red, yellow and white, is already so subtle that to an untrained eye you could only be certain which is which by comparing them side by side.

I feel rather cynically that the cachet of rose gold is mostly in its romantic name and a person might change their opinion if they realised that the colour was produced by addition of copper as in plumbing.

Welcome to the forum Adam. Dennis.

Hello Adam,

Maybe this is what you are looking for, i was reading about this process last week when my husband came home via Geneva airport and saw some very pink coloured watch cases on display. I found this http://new.hamilton-uni.com/en/pvd-coating as a starter...I point you to the bottom of the page column one "colours used by hamilton".

Quote Originally Posted by adam p View Post
    Does anybody know where you can get a proper pink coloured rose gold plating solution. The one I have (Micaura 4R) is very pale. It's a very pretty colour, but customers are asking for a much pinker finish.
    Regards
    Adam
    Last edited by art925; 09-04-2014 at 07:43 AM.
    Poor old Les

Thanks for the answers, but I need something that will give me 10 microns minimum of hard gold plating for a watch case. I'm beginning to think it doesn't exist in this colour.