Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Don't be shy lol!

I love the nail work too! I once did a nail cross but it was with rough hewn square nails (well an impression of them..)
    I think you should take a picture of you in that collerette with wild hair an make-up I need to see it on!

nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Quote Originally Posted by MuranoSilver View Post
    I think you should take a picture of you in that collerette with wild hair an make-up I need to see it on!
    seconded! i want to get an idea of the scale

Smile

Hi Charlotte just looked at you site. really like your work. the key's and lock great idie. years ago I used to make jewellery from horse shoe nails. then tryed forks and spoons. hope your busy all the best myke

I LOVE the silver nail handpiece on the commissions page! It must be huge?

Red face

Wow, thanks everyone, you'll give me a big head at this rate!

Nic - I'll get the collar out of its box and see if I can sort out a pic... its pretty tarnished by now though and I'm not keen on photos... I'll have to drag someone off the street for a photoshoot

The nail ring has been a very successful piece, but its a pain to make because the head has to be at just the right angle and the wire is so thick to bend, I'll probably make a fuller nail collection eventually, just to make life more difficult

Alexandra - They insisted on using an awful blurred photo of me and my friend for the front of the prospectus too! Hereford was a lovely place, it took some getting used to though, I was lucky I had lots of friends who never went home, and I was brought up in a tiny town so it was a good next step up for me... you probably made the right decision though

Ominicci - The hand piece isn't that big, it goes from the base of the hand and finishes before the fingertips, that one is pretty tarnished too, but I was thinking about cleaning it up for a photo of it being worn because its not too clear.

Alexandra: lots of new resins that a) aren't smelly b) set shiny so no cutting back and polishing! (the brand I use is the one Cooksons is now stocking!!)- I agree all that toxicity put me off before. Took a class a couple of months ago with Clare John and am loving it now!
    Yes, sometimes the big shows work best even though big investment! Also could try slightly cheaper ones, like Handmade in Britain, British Crafts. Send pics of your work to Crafts magazine and Dazzle shows. I also joined Crafts Central external network which has proved to be very useful! (£40 per year, access to training, on their website, plus exhibit at their shows or hire their gallery cheaply). Also consider joining JeDeCo (jewellery designers collective), which is free, just started, think it will go places!
    hope that helps
    Em

Charlotte: Lovely work!
    Need to see that commision in context (ie on a hand).
    photos are fine, just a bit underexposed- you should be able to sort that out in photoshop (or gimp)
    Em

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRose View Post
    Alexandra: lots of new resins that a) aren't smelly b) set shiny so no cutting back and polishing! (the brand I use is the one Cooksons is now stocking!!)- I agree all that toxicity put me off before. Took a class a couple of months ago with Clare John and am loving it now!
    Yes, sometimes the big shows work best even though big investment! Also could try slightly cheaper ones, like Handmade in Britain, British Crafts. Send pics of your work to Crafts magazine and Dazzle shows. I also joined Crafts Central external network which has proved to be very useful! (£40 per year, access to training, on their website, plus exhibit at their shows or hire their gallery cheaply). Also consider joining JeDeCo (jewellery designers collective), which is free, just started, think it will go places!
    hope that helps
    Em
    Thanks Emma - this info is really helpful!

And i am very pleased to hear that you can get non smelly resin now - and that sets shiny, thats great news, maybe its time to start experimenting!

Charlotte - I automatically assumed your hand piece went from the wrist up the arm...lol ok...that would be an arm piece then ! Anyway...a pic of it being worn would be cool.

Red face

Lol, I guess this means I have a lot of polishing to do and some photos to take