Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
There will be many opinions about qualifications on this forum. I think you have answered your own question saying that you want some paper qualifications. One benefit of qualifications and degrees is that you will be accepted into the teaching brigade if you ever wanted to join. I remember in the past being told that I was not able to teach my skills in a college as I didn't have the paperwork required to be a teacher.
I didn't see any mention on your website of where you have learned your skills so far. I am afraid I have no experience of college or university training as I left school at the age of 15 and started my 6 year apprenticeship. My master was against letting his apprentices attend college so all I learnt was from watching others in the workshops.

James
It's mad that with your skills James that you wouldn't be able to teach. I agree with not going to colleges now, I had an interesting conversation with a rep last year who was a bench trained jeweller, about the quality or lack of, work he was seeing when visiting college trained customers and he was complimentary about my old fashioned skills
I was lucky to have been trained by old school grafting silversmiths and engravers who ran a very strict workshop for an Art College but it's not like that now