Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Off on another mission...

Ooh OK, will be sure to take a peek! Thanks Carole

As for cream teas I think I have always gone jam first!

Jam first!
    (but then I've been known to sneak a bit of butter on even before that.....)
    Oink

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Jam first!
    (but then I've been known to sneak a bit of butter on even before that.....)
    Oink
    OH, George, I've heard it all now! Even I don't do that and I can oink with the best of em
    Di x

YAY Happy Birthday...

... hang on... she's scoping out St Ives for when I move there... I know too much obviously... Nic, watch out she's onto us

Happy Birthday

I hope you have lovely time down there. I suppose you could try both ways just to see which tastes better, although it may need a lot of testing lol

Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Happy Birthday!

Have a great time in Cornwall and have an extra scone for me - I prefer the jam first, but as long as it's laden with cream I'm not fussy
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

I'm back and whilst away, a couple of cream tea related experiments (for scientific purposes only you understand) proved anything other than jam first is silly; have you ever tried spreading jam on to a pile of cream?!

Thanks for the birthday messages, had a lovely time, apart from a bit of awful weather, camping in gales is kind of fun, but you don't get much sleep!

I was completely oblivious to the fact St Ives has a big art heritage, and the amount of galleries including jewellery there was astounding (I'm sure this is only news to me). Had a great time dragging the OH around looking at shiny things, including Carole Allens jewellery, and I have to say her enamel flowers look lovely in picture and GORGEOUS in real life!

Bijou Dragon, living down there will be bliss, it's such a beautiful place, I forget how much I love Cornwall! I couldn't leave where I am right now, I have too much going on up here, but it took the OH and I about 30 minutes in St Ives to decide we could quite happily retire there! Though, that's a long way off!
    Last edited by agent_44; 01-09-2009 at 01:52 AM.

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a lovely time

Glad you had a lovely time - and hope it was a lovely birthday too

Quote Originally Posted by agent_44 View Post
    Bijou Dragon, living down there will be bliss, it's such a beautiful place, I forget how much I love Cornwall! I couldn't leave where I am right now, I have too much going on up here, but it took the OH and I about 30 minutes in St Ives to decide we could quite happily retire there! Though, that's a long way off!
    Glad you had a lovely time hun, it is pretty amazing down there I have to say. I used to spend hours watching a painter work in his studio in St Ives, there was a little group of them just up by the arcade (if that's still there), Steve Fox was his name... absolutely spell bound watching his paintings come together!

Spent hours in the Tate Modern and like you in all the other little galleries, studios and museums! It's one of the reasons I especially love the place because it is full of artists and artistic people of varying degrees and mediums!

... and that's quite aside from it's astounding beauty

There's art all over the place down there, went to see a display from the old Newlyn School of art while I was down there last time... I'm not really one for old paintings to be honest but the skill and beauty of these were astounding...

I can't wait to get arty down there