Thread: Working in France

Default Working in France

Is anyone here living and working in France? I'm trying to get my head around hallmarking and rules regarding working with precious metals over here, but seem to be going round and round in circles. Can anyone give me any guidance?

there was a poster called kwant who lives in france. As far as I recall he made some posts about getting stuff assayed in the UK. not sure if that was because it was easier than registering in France.

I think he was banned from the forum, dont know why.

Maybe someone on the forum is still in contact with Cornelius...anyway I am not in France but in Netherlands, I know you have had confirmation from Steve regarding hallmarking; living abroad an hallmarking in the UK, maybe as an ex-pat I can provide further help where you still have gaps, let me know. You can PM me if you prefer.

Les
    Poor old Les

Quote Originally Posted by art925 View Post
    Maybe someone on the forum is still in contact with Cornelius...anyway I am not in France but in Netherlands, I know you have had confirmation from Steve regarding hallmarking; living abroad an hallmarking in the UK, maybe as an ex-pat I can provide further help where you still have gaps, let me know. You can PM me if you prefer.

Les
    Hi Karen
    I've pm'd you with a message from Cornelius, hope it helps

Caroline

I think the member called LaVidalerie is based in France, down south. She runs jewellery courses and holidays as well as selling findings and might be able to help. Worth a PM perhaps?
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Thanks, Kym. I spoke to Cornelius thanks to Caroline and that has cleared up my remaining questions, but I'll try PMing LaVidalerie too as it would be good to be in touch with more jewellers on this side of the channel.