Hi Everyone,

I have a pendant I have made that I would like cast so I can have 5 or more exact copies. I have been looking at the pricing with JewelleryCastingScotland and I am having trouble working out what they mean, I was wondering if you could advise me please.

--

He says - We will make a multi-sprue (excluding cost of mould)*for £4.20 per piece on sprue , but only if you ask us to.

CASTING

Single casting – average size £1.70

MOULDS

Rubber mould: standard size £12.00
Cold mould: standard size £13.40

--

How does the multi sprue at £4.30 per piece on sprue work, as he has said a single casting is £1.70 so as it's more expensive I'm presuming it works differently?

What is the mould for, is this to mould my initial pendant, to then inject with wax to make multiple wax copies of my pendant to sprue?

Does a mould at £12 have to be made every time I order more copies, or can this mould be used again months apart?

I am trying to gauge an average price of getting some pendants cast, including all 'extras' like mould making etc. Is this casting cost about average?

I am also thinking of having the pendants engraved or etched with a flowery pattern that has some fine lines, will casting, cast this engraved pattern, Should I ask the engravers or etchers to engrave deeper than regular so the pattern can be cast more easily? Or will this not work at all and I need to get each pendant engraved after casting?

Thanks so much for your help!
Hannah