Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two rings....

Default Two rings....

I have made two rings, both a challenge in different ways and have needed plenty of forward thinking and rethinking!! They're both commissions, but the people who they are fore won't be looking here!!

The first is a mans thumb ring with pierced hares similar to Badger Ales (Hopping Hare), in sterling silver, attached to two rings

The second is a remake from old rings.....I am already in love with this ring and it is yet to be finished, when it is, I will post a thread of each stage.... this is the melt up of 3 rings, (parents engagement, eternity & wedding rings) into a single ring, assayed & hallmarked 18ct this week, plus some rubies to be added......

from this ......to this, setting next week...

I've really enjoyed seeing these two pieces come together....

Tabby xx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1378.jpg   IMG_1382.jpg   IMG_1263.jpg   20140329_174503.jpg   20140329_183028.jpg  

I love the hare ring Tabby.

They are lovely Jill, what a lovely idea for family rings too x

Thank you both......it feels quite a privilege (and quite scary!!) to remake the family rings into one!!

Your Hare ones are really fun, Jill. Look forward to seeing the other finished. Dennis.

Loving the hare ring too Jill. Thx for sharing your wip pics of the other ring; can't wait to see how it comes out and also nice to know I'm not the only one with black fingers like yours !
    Jules

Thanks Dennis, I really enjoyed making it, I have a fair next weekend and I'm going to take the liberty of putting it in the case with a 'sold' tag...hopefully to give folk ideas......and thanks Jules,......my daughter took me out for lunch for mother's day today and I was scrubbing and scraping my fingers, even as we went in to town, so they didn't look quite so awful..... ......I know now, that I will never have beautiful hands.......hahaha

I'll post a piccie of the finished ring, (it's a little red, white and blue for me) the design I love, the stones together I am not so sure about.....but I can't think of a way to mix them to make it a little more subtle.....??

Jill (aka Tabby) xx

Well here is a picture of the finished gold ring........I have a set of work in progress, so will post the start to finish, when I get chance!!

This is being delivered tomorrow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1413.jpg   IMG_1418.jpg   IMG_1420.jpg  

Very, very nice. Who did the setting?

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

lovely Jill - very nice setting work. Stuff I am aspiring to, well that and Peter's settings.