Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Pendant Motor Accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    I got some with my foredom, but… Maybe I'm putting them on the wrong way round?

I bought Jill's Knew concept saw off her. Love it. won't fit in the foredom though.

oddly, my customs form from OF said it was exempt. maybe because it was swiss made and being imported back into europe?
    Do you screw the end with a screwdriver Liz? Mine don't come off.

Ah of course, I've just realised what you ment earlier - Carole's completely right. You have to tighten the little screw at the end. It squeezes the rubber and makes it bulge out at the sides to hold the sanding drum in place. x

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Do you screw the end with a screwdriver Liz? Mine don't come off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Ah of course, I've just realised what you ment earlier - Carole's completely right. You have to tighten the little screw at the end. It squeezes the rubber and makes it bulge out at the sides to hold the sanding drum in place. x
    ummmm….

will double check next time….

My favourites are burrs, sanding mandrels ( use small elastic band to hold in place ).. But ultimately it's got to be my wolf belt sander. Super little thing and quite a time saver too.

Nick

You lot are seriously bad for my bank account lol. Is that for cleaning up rough castings Nick?

The split mandrels with different grades of sandpaper yes, and I tend to use the belt sander on items I have cast using cuttlefish. Usually where I want the top part textured and the underside perfectly smooth and level

I also use it to prep surfaces for soldering, to do the donkey work before refining with hand files, and as the belts are available in varying grits it's just a great time saving tool.

Nick