Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
Thanks Liz - I had considered Otto Frei. I don't mind international shipping per se, but have been REALLY stung a few times with import taxes. UPS turned up and insisted I hand over a rather large cheque before I could have my lovely tools

Barrel sanders have their own special mandrel arbours (either 9.5mm or 12mm) - never had a problem with one flying off yet lol.
They whip through rough castings and large amounts of metal no problem and save me soooo much time.
https://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/to...e-bands#select

Now I have my lovely list of bits to order, I'm off to trawl through old posts to help me decide on a decent torch & saw (groan). x
I got some with my foredom, but… Maybe I'm putting them on the wrong way round?

I bought Jill's Knew concept saw off her. Love it. won't fit in the foredom though.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
Life's too short... I have an assortment still from all sorts, dating from reading tutorials that said you should use THIS one true brand; source the thing and find it's pretty much the same as the more readily available ones. Cratex, for example.

I should have an Otto Frei order show imminently - it was in transit for 3 days, then sat in customs for a week... Not much point paying for ultra-fast delivery when the major delay is state employees.
VAT + a small amount of duty + Parcel Farce extortion fee paid online yesterday, as soon as they deigned to notify me.
oddly, my customs form from OF said it was exempt. maybe because it was swiss made and being imported back into europe?