Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: well that's me stuffed then

Well, not really so miraculous - they have a legal duty to deliver the goods in a proper condition, and this was not. That is the same for all of us. It is no different to if you had bought in person in a shop and the sales person had put it in your hand all twisted up. You would not accept it then, would you?
    Taking action before a formal complaint when the problem is aired on a forum is good practice.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    It is no different to if you had bought in person in a shop and the sales person had put it in your hand all twisted up. You would not accept it then, would you?

Cooksons are very good now, not so when it was merely Exchange Findings where I had the experience described by Wendy. I was given a piece of heavy rectangular wire, intended for a belt buckle, but all scrunched up so that it would fit inthe bag.

When I asked how was I expected to straighten that, the counter assistant unrepentant replied 'With a hammer'. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Well, not really so miraculous - they have a legal duty to deliver the goods in a proper condition, and this was not. That is the same for all of us. It is no different to if you had bought in person in a shop and the sales person had put it in your hand all twisted up. You would not accept it then, would you?
    Taking action before a formal complaint when the problem is aired on a forum is good practice.

You're quite right, but seeing a bit of proactive problem solving is good and worth commending, we're all quick enough to criticise, a bit of acknowledgment for good practice is due and worthwhile to.