OK, this is a follow on from my other thread about gauges.

The client wanted a 2mm thick ring and has found it too thin. He thinks that it is 1mm. It's not, it's just that he over-estimated how thick 2mm actually is. I apparently made it too big in diameter anyway so he is sending it back to me. He has been a regular customer so I do want to keep him happy.

So I can fix the error in the diameter, but he won't be happy because it will be too thin. So I need to make him happy. I can do this by:

a) Making a new ring from thicker wire which will cost him the same price again (which what with hallmarking etc was a significant amount) and leave him with an unwearable ring.

b) Making the existing ring thicker, by adding on another ring. This will cost me a small amount in silver but him nothing.

However, whilst the latter is obviously most preferable as it is cheaper for him (assuming he doesn't mind a double design) and I have the silver, how realistic is it to do the latter? Am I making a rod for my own back in trying to basically solder two rings together?