Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: remake from scratch or augment?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Is this because of what I said??? I didn't intend anything rude, I just assumed something ring shaped that was not a ring or bangle, but was ring shaped, might be for a piercing. In which case you might not want to accept it back if it had been tried on - certainly didn't mean anything weird. Or did I miss something?
    I take it you've never looked at Medusa's website?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Is this because of what I said??? I didn't intend anything rude, I just assumed something ring shaped that was not a ring or bangle, but was ring shaped, might be for a piercing. In which case you might not want to accept it back if it had been tried on - certainly didn't mean anything weird. Or did I miss something?
    nope, it was me

    normally get myself into trouble at some point... I mentioned about 2mm and sizes and owning up to such a size gap.... my bad, but as it is a public forum, I deleted my post for the better part of discretion.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    I'm more Cissie and Ada or watching Allo Allo just now, I lead such an exciting life :/

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Is this because of what I said??? I didn't intend anything rude, I just assumed something ring shaped that was not a ring or bangle, but was ring shaped, might be for a piercing. In which case you might not want to accept it back if it had been tried on - certainly didn't mean anything weird. Or did I miss something?
    It's not something I'd accept as a return, although I do offer a resizing service. But as he is a good customer, I'm going to offer him a remake in thicker wire but not hallmark it.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    491

    Default

    I think I'd accept it back, but might pop it straight into the ultrasonic - or at least politely suggest that he might want to give it a rinse first

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    I'm actually snorting tea all over my keyboard. If my laptop with all my work on it dies, you guys are buying me a new one!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    But as he is a good customer, I'm going to offer him a remake in thicker wire but not hallmark it.
    Another one who thinks this would be the best solution.

    I was sniggering too, Liz! Read this thread at work and burst out laughing, especially at Wallace's comment! Sorry Wallace
    Indi

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    373

    Default

    I would remake from scratch to save faffing around. I'm extremely curious to know what it is though =O xx
    Sian Williamson

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keia View Post
    I would remake from scratch to save faffing around. I'm extremely curious to know what it is though =O xx
    yup, trying to solder two rings together would not be easy, I don't think. and it's a ring. or a very small bangle. I'm just asked to make the thing. I don't go interrogating the client.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    oh no worries from me. Mind is a murky as Loch Ness and there is something mysterious and supposedly big in there too, since we are skirting around the subject

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •