Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dont usually but...

I made one with balls on at college, my first ring actually. Stupidly I saw one in a book with a single balls spaced around the circumference of a ring, of course at that time I was getting used to only having one eye, and learning to solder jewellery (I had done DIY pipe soldering at home) anyway, I was pleased with the first ball soldered, but what happened was each ball came unstuck again when I soldered the next one on, so I plumped to have them all on one side, and I have worn it as a thumb ring for four years now and apart from one ball coming unstuck again, it has survived and I have worn it every day since I made it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-24 06.34.27.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	5854

Quote Originally Posted by Ebo Von Gaz View Post
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive feedback. I sometimes feel like a toddler trying to show off a finger painting in a room full of artists!

Medusa, your stuff is lovely, I love your fingerprint work.

Tabby, yes granulation has been an interesting learning curve, especially recovery of the tiny balls, and not dropping the tiny balls everywhere once you actually make them!

Susieq, Thanks. It's all sterling, I depletion gilded the ring and electroplated the balls with copper, and soldered the ring after it was all done. I think it would be easier with a cast ring though.

You're a proper inspiration to us all Patstone, it's a feat for anyone to master all the control and depth perception deeded to do fine soldering work, let alone to then do it with one eye closed. Thanks.

Well, there are a lot of people a lot worse off than me, and its mind over matter, you don't have a choice. With me its a matter of "get over it and get on with life". If you don't try stuff you don't know if you can do it.

Excellent ring! I love granulation, but have not so far tried it - looks tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebo Von Gaz View Post
    I don't usually post pictures of my stuff as it is a) frankly rather odd, and b) almost immediately eclipsed by something far more professional and generally shiny by someone else, however I'm a bit chuffed at teaching myself granulation and fusing

Brilliant, Ebo I want to touch it! Tactile indeed.

I a) LOVE odd and b) never usually care as we are all creative in different ways and am ALWAYS interested in how someone went about making something…

Glad to hear you're chuffed with your efforts at teaching yourself Good job too.
    Indi

I too like it Ebo. It's different and jewellery is a subjective topic after all. Well done.

Nick

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)