I made one with balls on at college, my first ring actually. Stupidly I saw one in a book with a single balls spaced around the circumference of a ring, of course at that time I was getting used to only having one eye, and learning to solder jewellery (I had done DIY pipe soldering at home) anyway, I was pleased with the first ball soldered, but what happened was each ball came unstuck again when I soldered the next one on, so I plumped to have them all on one side, and I have worn it as a thumb ring for four years now and apart from one ball coming unstuck again, it has survived and I have worn it every day since I made it.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-24 06.34.27.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	5854

Quote Originally Posted by Ebo Von Gaz View Post
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive feedback. I sometimes feel like a toddler trying to show off a finger painting in a room full of artists!

Medusa, your stuff is lovely, I love your fingerprint work.

Tabby, yes granulation has been an interesting learning curve, especially recovery of the tiny balls, and not dropping the tiny balls everywhere once you actually make them!

Susieq, Thanks. It's all sterling, I depletion gilded the ring and electroplated the balls with copper, and soldered the ring after it was all done. I think it would be easier with a cast ring though.