Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fitting silver brooch finding to silver brooch?..

I would never have guessed that was resin, very nice piece!!

You could buff out the scratches and re-polish, though, given that the brooch back is in place, I'd be tempted do some texturing (with a texturing needle/burr), to make a feature of the back (and get rid of the scratches)!!

Thanks Lydia;Carole; Medusa;Tabby - it's just I know I can do better if you know what I mean lol!

BTW - I make my own castings and this particular resin is a very hard curing grade of epoxy capable (after full post-curing) of lapidary level finishes, and the encapsulations are little dried alder cones - I went with a textured finish using brush and felt dremmel wheels to show off the alder cones better though. The pigments give either opaque or transparent colours depending how much is added - the red was supposed to be as transparent as the green and yellow but it's harder to hit the spot with the red pigment for some reason.

I have matching earrings and necklace plans using pieces from the same resin castings but using less silver hope they turn out alright!

Thanks again I feel a little less self-critical now heheheh...

Shaun.