Thread: Durston D4 stockist

Default Durston D4 stockist

I'm considering upgrading to a mill that'll allow me to roll 6" sheets; the only one I've seen is the D4. Does anyone know who stocks this beasty - or should I be asking Durston direct?

http://www.hswalsh.com/product/durst...tr23158-d4-158
    https://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/eq...rooves-durston

Try Walsh's if the link above is correct.
    Probably Suttons also
    Cousins have a new DRM 150 mm but it has grooved rollers

Hope this helps
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    I'm considering upgrading to a mill that'll allow me to roll 6" sheets; the only one I've seen is the D4. Does anyone know who stocks this beasty - or should I be asking Durston direct?
    I wish you luck contacting Durston direct, it doesn't matter which email you use it still seems to go to the MD and you know how that goes in desperation I asked a rep to contact me and guess who I got??

SOoo......will you be selling a geared Durston mill in the upgrade????

My C130? Probably... I'm not sure I can quite justify keeping both on hand. As the D4 weighs in at about 80kg, I don't think it's really wise to bolt it to the Ikea kitchen trolley so I may give in and get the "proper" stand too.

Tim - thank you for that; I'll spare you my comments on Cousins

Caroline - yeah, I was thinking of that as I wrote it...!

Maybe the rolling machines get more enthusiasm from him. Still waiting for the spec of the planishing set to appear on their website and it's nearly April, maybe he meant next year!

http://www.durston.co.uk/lan-multi/popup/drm150-25.htm

Just a thought, I'm sure you've probably already seen but there is also a DRM F150 re with 150mm flat rolls and extension rolls for wire. I suspect tis will be about half the price of the D4 if which I think is a stacked model. Hopefully the link will show the roller layout.
    Tim

Yup, but I also use the wire rolls a fair bit. I did look at the D2 but concluded it only *just* gives me sufficient space for a 6" sheet.

For those who were wondering - yes, it's for mokume; raising & sinking from inconsistent thickness sheet (i.e. hand forged) is a relative pest.

You'll need the shoulders of a bull. Win the lottery and get a powered one. Dennis.

My shoulders should take it providing the mill is secure and I'm not trying to take too big a bite... I still have to wrestle horses in my spare time
    The powered mills are interesting, but a) are very heavy b) seem to add £1.5k onto the price and c) I haven't seen one that is wide enough. Besides, unless it is being used all day, every day I'm not sure the powered makes sense?