Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uploading pictures (Again)

Well Tim, if you open a picture with Photoshop (I have Elements 10), Even if you do nothing more but Just go to-File-Save as-then find the file to save it in.

Give it a new name, or add a number and make sure it is in JPEG format, using the drop down menu. Then press Save and at that point it will allow you to choose a size.

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 03-04-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bangle - chevron hammered anticlastic.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	5918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pendant - flower and butterfly.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	5919Thanks again Dennis. My wife has Photoshop Elements 7 and knows more about the black art than me so she has resized a couple for me to try. No doubt with practice I'll be able to get them at the bottom of the post.
    Still learning about how to deal with lighting and reflections etc but at least we are moving forward now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Well Tim, if you open a picture with Photoshop (I have Elements 10), Even if you do nothing more but Just go to-File-Save as-then find the file to save it in.

Give it a new name, or add a number and make sure it is in JPEG format, using the drop down menu. Then press Save and at that point it will allow you to choose a size.

Dennis.
    Tim

If you just need to crop, resize and similar (limited) editing, then may I suggest Irfanview? Marvellous little free Window program - and fast too.
    There is also the Gnu Image Manipulation Program - gimp which, while lagging Photoshop, is still more than most need. And free as well.

Thanks Peter,
    Have now learnt how to resize in 2 different ways and will look at your suggestions as well for other simple editing.
    I could get my wife to do it all for me but:
    a - I need to learn myself
    b - It will cost me a fortune in Maltesers!
    Tim

haha Tim, maltesers, your wife has good taste!!

Nice pieces, btw, both have a lovely finish

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    haha Tim, maltesers, your wife has good taste!!

Nice pieces, btw, both have a lovely finish
    Jill,
    Thanks for the confidence booster.
    When I look at your work and that of many of the other Senior Members, it's very easy to feel a bit of a 'lightweight'
    After a lifetime of doing something else, I know I am still at the foot of the mountain but you'd be surprised at how much impact a small amount of encouragement has. (and I'm sure I speak for many others).
    All the best
    Tim
    PS If we ever meet you be sure to hit me for some Maltesers.