Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mesh Bracelet

Looks fabulous. How long did it take?

Thanks Didi, getting those discs on sounds like a nightmare, and even though I love saw piercing, I would have most definitely stamped those out too. It's those secret strands of wire in-between each clockwise and anticlockwise link that helps it all to make sense. Fantastic and informative thread, thank you and still wowed by the bracelet!!

Absolutely gorgeous, Didi! I've seen the video you linked to and already have this on my to-do list but shouldn't imagine I'll get round to it anytime soon!

Well done on all that soldering - a super job. Would be interested to know how long this took you to make, too as well as how much wire you used! How much is 'oodles' in mm? A great job on the clasp, too - how have you attached it, please?

Quote Originally Posted by surfergirl View Post
    A great job on the clasp, too - how have you attached it, please?
    Der! Have watched the video again (I didn't remember that bit!)
    Last edited by surfergirl; 21-03-2014 at 06:07 PM.
    Indi

Sorry to take so long getting back - have been on holiday! Tried to work out how long it took as I did it between the day job. Winding and cutting the springs - probably 1 hour (I think about 8 mtrs but I did waste a lot due to making the springs overland to start with). Fiddling and soldering them all together - probably about 6 hours all told. Punching the discs out - about 1 hour, took WAY longer that I expected. Soldering the discs on - about 2 hours. Making the clasp - about 4 hours, polishing etc - not too long. So, in all about a day and a half but I don't think I could have done it all in one go - my brain would have fried.
    The video is good isn't it!
    Thank you all for your kind comments.
    Didi

That it exquisite Didi and a labour of love. Many thanks for sharing your pics and info on how you made it; I had no idea that coils were involved and how it all fitted together. I really like the clasp and am off to check out the video you mentioned and look up the Revere book... which one did you refer to btw?
    Jules

Simply stunning Didi, you must have the patience of a saint.
    Sian Williamson

Dont know if I am just being stupid but I couldnt find the video on You Tube. Can someone send me a link please.

Hi Pat. I think this is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRR8_ex5I-4. or type in 'Fabricating a sterling silver mesh bracelet'. Its not a video as much as a series of photos. The clasp section is better than the mesh part. Looking at it again there seem to be bits of the mesh bracelet that aren't made very clear, the soldering section for example. If you need more info just ask me. The book is Professional Jewelry Making - Paul Revere. Its brilliant for the mesh but doesn't cover the clasp.
    Didi

Didi, that is just brill, I have seen how to do in a book I've got but have not had the nerve to have a go. Now I've seen yours I think I've got to have a go.

Just coming to the end of a silversmith evening class, so it's time to get back to the bench and make something.

Thanks for stirring the mojo with this post

neil
    Neil

Hi Neil, hope the mojo can survive it Real sense of achievement whenever I look at it. I'm just a self taught bunny so if I can do it I'm sure you can.
    Didi