Thread: Beaded wire

Default Beaded wire

I was really pleased to see that Cooksons was now stocking the beaded wire that I have always had to get from the US until I came to order! I am really hoping that the pricing is a mistake because when I tried to order 1 meter of the 2mm dia beaded wire the price that came up was £98.80!!!!!! Seriously? Nearly £100 for a meter of 2mm dia silver wire! I can order the same wire from the US, pay customs and Royal Mail charges on it and it would still be less than half the price.

I get mine from Bellore/Rashbel - about the same price as importing from the US. That seems a ludicrous price from Cookies - though the 2mm is showing as not available until next month when I looked?

Hi George, I have ordered it from Rashbels before too. It said the beaded wire was 'expected' but still gave you a price if you put your length in. I checked and double checked the length I put in thinking I had made a mistake but unfortunately not.

I was surprised at the cost of the 2mm. beaded wire, based on the quoted cost on Cooksongold's website they are charging £4.37 per gram for 2mm. silver beaded wire but only £0.78p per gram for 2mm. silver round wire. It's one hell of a mark up for manufacturing costs, that works out as 460% a increase charge per gram as against wire!

James