Thread: Beaded wire

Default Beaded wire

I was really pleased to see that Cooksons was now stocking the beaded wire that I have always had to get from the US until I came to order! I am really hoping that the pricing is a mistake because when I tried to order 1 meter of the 2mm dia beaded wire the price that came up was 98.80!!!!!! Seriously? Nearly 100 for a meter of 2mm dia silver wire! I can order the same wire from the US, pay customs and Royal Mail charges on it and it would still be less than half the price.

I get mine from Bellore/Rashbel - about the same price as importing from the US. That seems a ludicrous price from Cookies - though the 2mm is showing as not available until next month when I looked?

Hi George, I have ordered it from Rashbels before too. It said the beaded wire was 'expected' but still gave you a price if you put your length in. I checked and double checked the length I put in thinking I had made a mistake but unfortunately not.

I was surprised at the cost of the 2mm. beaded wire, based on the quoted cost on Cooksongold's website they are charging 4.37 per gram for 2mm. silver beaded wire but only 0.78p per gram for 2mm. silver round wire. It's one hell of a mark up for manufacturing costs, that works out as 460% a increase charge per gram as against wire!

James