Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My work in the opening exhibition last night

Default My work in the opening exhibition last night

Thrilled to have 21 pieces in a new gallery. The opening was last night packed to the gunnels with bigwigs with long pockets and short arms but hopefully they'll come back !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	5736
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Good luck with it Caroline.

Thanks Carole. Surprisingly for an opening only 1 painting sold but it was crammed with people who were maybe high profile but unlikely to dig deep. We'll see what happens once word gets round.

It's the worst time of year as people have spent their Christmas money and are holding back a bit. Wish you every success. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    It's the worst time of year as people have spent their Christmas money and are holding back a bit. Wish you every success. Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis. It does seem a funny time to open but the tourist season starts for Falkland Palace next month so the coaches of rich tourists especially Chinese will be arriving soon and dropping off outside the gallery door. Maybe I should go and greet them!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Rich tourists especially Chinese will be arriving soon and dropping off outside the gallery door. Maybe I should go and greet them!
    Yes, but I think the rich ones will be from Hong Kong, so brush up your Cantonese. If you try Mandarin, they'll just think you're speaking Gaelic. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Yes, but I think the rich ones will be from Hong Kong, so brush up your Cantonese. If you try Mandarin, they'll just think you're speaking Gaelic. Dennis.
    They are Chinese Dennis my husband worked at Hollyrood Palace until recently and now works in a student residence, the Chinese students seem to think nothing of paying £2000 for the flight home for Xmas and a can't understand why we haven't been. Another has just flown out to Dubai to meet up with his parents. We maybe all need to learn Chinese and tap the market
    Not many Gaelic speakers in Fife I wouldn't think maybe come independence! Although my OH has just told me there are a couple of the Chinese students that know how to say kiss my a.. in Gaelic which is more than I do

Good luck with it, Caroline!

I've never displayed in a gallery. Have you done your own advertising to get folks there or is this something the gallery does?

May those Chinese students remember they have family back home that they NEED to buy jewellery for
    Indi

I really hope it works out for you Caroline.

Sadly my experience with galleries is that for the most part they're not worth doing any more. People I know who've had long established very successful galleries are closing because people know that they will get more choice online. The best gallery I was in was so busy that I couldn't keep up with supplying them a few years ago. Stuff was sold before I even got home. I pulled out a couple of years ago because my stuff wasn't selling any more. I can't rely on galleries any more. Fingers crossed that your gallery proves me wrong.

Hope it all goes well - sounds very exciting!