Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Website Critique, Please

Quote Originally Posted by surfergirl View Post

I hear what's been said about the 'In Iras' and possible confusion/detraction when reading it. This logo is embedded in my mind as 'Indiras' so a fresh perspective has been useful. I'm not entirely happy with the logo design or the colour scheme really, but am happy enough to get started with this and when things take off (read: when I've got the budget!) I'll probably pay for a redesign/rebrand.

I'm not sure you need a full redesign Indi, just a bit of tinkering with the logo,......I think the site that you've created yourself is really impressive

I've been in a bit of a self-made rut in thinking I should be 100% happy with everything but I think this has been stunting my growth as it were (read: I just need to pull my finger out and get on with it!) I'm pleased with the quality of jewellery I produce so believe if I concentrate on the actual jewellery that everything else will fall into place.

I'm a bit (lot) like this too, I like to think it's an 'attribute' that adds to the quality of my work, however, I think it can create a hurdle in other aspects......my website has been up and running for about 15 months and it is still a work in progress...but I now think that this is a good thing, it keeps it fresh for folk having a look and active for search engines

Thanks for the feedback on the pricing also. I don't think I'd be happy selling any of these pieces any/much cheaper so will stick at it. It's interesting to hear your views on this especially as the subject of pricing pops up quite often.

Such a difficult and as you say, much debated topic!! But stick to your guns.....time will tell, you can always review your pricing along with everything else, if you're like me you'll learn as you go along and not everything will be right first time!!

(MAC, safari, btw)

Tabby xx

Thanks for the additional posts – your feedback has been most helpful.

Liz, I’m hoping the error you received was a one off. It’s related to the frontpage slideshow so hopefully, just a blip. I’ve had problems associated with a recent plugin update but hopefully, this has now resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    The one thing I would say is before I got stuck, when I was looking at the pictures, it was a bit clunky having to hit the back button to get back to the picture gallery. Is it possible to open the enlargements on the same page or maybe do it so they open in a new tab or web page?

I’m aware that before the page fully loads, it is possible to click the image and it opens an enlargement. This is not supposed to happen once the page has loaded and you should just be able hover over the main image for a ‘portion’ enlargement. This annoys me and apparently is normal as the scripts are loaded after the elements but I don’t know how to change it! I’m told there’s a javascript solution which I may get round to searching for. Considering I don’t really know what I’m doing, it’s nearer the middle of the to-do list!

I wonder, if you get a moment, whether you could please test this again for me i.e. see if waiting for the page to load negates this issue? Do the products pages take a while to load your end?

Lauren, do let me know if I can assist in anyway with the Wordpress/Woocommerce nightmare! Don’t know what I could contribute but I’m ready and willing to help if I can xo

Regards the gem in the logo - I've turned it around - just wondering if this (logo 2) looks any better? (Now I don't know if I like either! Typical.)

Logo 1: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	5742

Logo 2: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	5743
    Indi

Why don't we all vote on it. I go for logo1. Dennis.

I like logo 1 ,but I read it as two words maybe if the diamond was the same colour it would read as one ?

I think you have done a fantastic job!

I love the colour and theme that you have used, looks great on my computer, brilliant!
    :-)
    "The creative person is both more primitive and more cultivated, more destructive, a lot madder and a lot saner, than the average person." ~ Frank Barron, Think, November-December 1962

Crystal Clarke Jewellery Artist Maker
    Jewellery handmade in Mixed Media, Texties, Embroidery, Chainmaille, Titanium, Silver, Copper, Beads, Gemstones.
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CrystalClarkeJewellery
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Crystal_Clarke

Thanks, Clark. I haven't done much to the website (no time!) apart from change 'D' in the logo and reduced the number of collections. Could you tell me what computer you used (PC/Mac) and which browser, please? Thanks
    Indi

I just wanted to point out the readability of one area (I'm on an IPad), the lettering is squashed underneath the "add to basket". I'm sure it's not this way on a PC but there are ways to adjust this so it looks good on any device. Otherwise I think it looks very professional!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	6038
    Last edited by Sandra; 27-04-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra Tingle View Post
    I just wanted to point out the readability of one area (I'm on an IPad), the lettering is squashed underneath the "add to basket". I'm sure it's not this way on a PC but there are ways to adjust this so it looks good on any device. Otherwise I think it looks very professional!
    Thanks Sandra. There have been issues getting this right on mobile devices. Can I ask which size iPad you're using, please?
    Indi

slow on the uptake, but I like logo 2 9looks more like a D to me) - and would outline the diamond in black so it read as part of the word
    All nice and clean otherwise!