Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rant about hallmarks!

I'm going to defend Hong Kong again Steve! Just as with in the UK it depends on who you are doing business with. Plenty of UK fakers too. I had some HK stuff with me and it passed wtih flying percentages. Of course the UK based sellers of far east stuff know that what they are selling is duff - the clue will be in the price they will have paid
    Just as you won't get a real Tahitian pearl necklace for a tenner. No really .... you won't.
    But there will always be those who think they are getting a bargain and we perfectly honest pearl sellers are ripping them off.

(PS I'm delighted that the coins pass for another year)
    Last edited by pearlescence; 06-05-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Just as you won't get a real Tahitian pearl necklace for a tenner. No really .... you won't.
    say it ain't so!

Just as so as the real genuine cultured Majorcan pearls a customer was telling me about yesterday. She knew they were real cultured pearls because she got them at the factory....
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

hahaha, I'm not singling out Hong Kong.......there are plenty of fakers in the UK. My point was concerning in what country a transaction takes place and as a result under which country's laws the transaction is covered by....

You can transact with a country like HK but still do it under UK law. Depends on the terms of the contract. (Used to teach contract law to trainee lawyers)
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Just to make you happy Steve - this was asked on another forum.....'Good morning all, I was wondering how you label items that you make with sterling silver or do you not bother? '
    Hey ho
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

To be fair, I think the person asking that question was just talking about using sterling earwires or clasps with beads, rather than fabricating larger pieces.

Maybe. you can't be sure with some on that forum...
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I know....we train and educate a large number of people every year, but there are always more people to talk to. I have to say though that the vast majority of them are simply ignorant of the rules and regs and aren't out to do anything wrong deliberately....still, it's the buying public who are the ones at risk whether intentionally or not