Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Made a Thing

Default Made a Thing

So, I have recently been spending most of my time house hunting and wailing despairingly at Wordpress wishing I could afford a web designer. Long story, but basically the framework I used for my site was no longer supported by the developers and I had to start over, tres tedious!

But, I did get to make a fun commission this month. Brief was it needs to be unicorny but without being too girly or whimsical, and could it be a bit rock/metal? It was for a lovely girl that I used to skate with to thank her for all her hard work for the team over the years.

We went with a necklace and earring unicorn horn design with black diamonds. Carved the horns from wax, although forgot to take any work in progress pictures, boooo.

Here's how it ended up though:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver Unicorn Necklace_.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	5699 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver Unicorn Horn Earrnings.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	5700 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver unicorn horn jewellery.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	5701

Very classy Lauren, photos too!

Reminiscent of a Unicorns horn to me yeah?

Nick

Wow - absolutely beautiful work

I really feel for you with the website Your logo and holding page look great by the way!

I had a website developer a few years back that ran off with several thousand pounds worth of work (All our savings and some new business grant money).
    All he left me with was a disk with a few website fragments; a logo and £800 worth of shockingly bad, unusable photographs. It put my business back years until I painfully learned to do it myself. The photographs are still a work in progress even now - there are some truly horrid people around

Lovely and not at all girly. Dennis.

Is it cast Lauren, or twisted flat wire with an end cap on?

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Wow - absolutely beautiful work

I really feel for you with the website Your logo and holding page look great by the way!

I had a website developer a few years back that ran off with several thousand pounds worth of work (All our savings and some new business grant money).
    All he left me with was a disk with a few website fragments; a logo and £800 worth of shockingly bad, unusable photographs. It put my business back years until I painfully learned to do it myself. The photographs are still a work in progress even now - there are some truly horrid people around
    Boooo, people are mean - so sorry that happened to you. I was quoted £1,000 plus VAT by a web designer to just change the Wordpress theme over and install Woocommerce - I'd have still had to do all the design work/product uploading and image resizing myself. I did the bit he quoted for all by myself in half a day! Still have a few technical niggles though, but I reckon I can sort it in the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    Is it cast Lauren, or twisted flat wire with an end cap on?

Nick

I carved them in wax then had them cast in silver and moulded.

Thanks for nice comments - she loved them, so all good!

Lauren - Don't know if it's just me, but the link to your Etsy store doesn't seem to be working. x

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Lauren - Don't know if it's just me, but the link to your Etsy store doesn't seem to be working. x
    Thanks for heads up lovely - it was working but they've been doing updates the past couple of days. Think I fixed it...