Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I missing something??

Oooh, just remembered the other reason I went for the Foredom - it has a handpiece, which I also bought but now can't remember which number it is, that takes larger shanked accessories, which allows me to use the 2" radial discs with their special mandrel on my pendant motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post

Lauren: contemplating getting the drill press.. Decent piece of kit then?

Nick
    Hi Nick,

Just a thought, I'm selling my Proxxon drill press and vice ( fantastic piece of kit, bit I'm leaving the UK in five months and I am having to sell off a lot of my workshop tools!)

http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...rcode-999-3207

http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...rcode-999-3307

Happy to sell the pair for £95 plus postage?

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I personally dislike multipurpose tools, because they need to be set up when you want them. My recommendation would be a Proxxon drill press, which is quite small, but takes drills upto 6.5mm. You do need to buy the three jaw chuck, which is an optional extra, but then it is always ready to go. Dennis.
    This is true, but when you only have a very small space to work in, the Foredom drill press sits quietly on the side of my bench, takes up very little room, and it takes around 30 seconds to slot it into the press and tighten the bolts with the allan key. I'd love a separate pillar drill and agree with multipurpose tools taking a little more time, but when you're working in your spare room every inch of space counts!

Oooh, just remembered the other reason I went for the Foredom - it has a handpiece, which I also bought but now can't remember which number it is, that takes larger shanked accessories, which allows me to use the 2" radial discs with their special mandrel on my pendant motor.

That's definitely worth knowing. Sounds like buying the Foredom would free up some pennies for some very useful accessories.
    I polish and file with my dremel a lot. I'll ask Suttons what number handpiece this would be. xx

I *think* it's the H44T but am currently trapped by a purring cat so can't go upstairs and check!

Thanks Lisa, but with the Foredom drill press setup I can control the speed via the foot pedal. Appreciated though.

Nick

Thanks hunni I'm currently typing one handed with a colicky baby in the other arm and another 3 kiddies waiting for baths, so know that feeling!
    Better go organise everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Quinn View Post
    Hi Nick,

Just a thought, I'm selling my Proxxon drill press and vice ( fantastic piece of kit, bit I'm leaving the UK in five months and I am having to sell off a lot of my workshop tools!)

http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...rcode-999-3207

http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...rcode-999-3307

Happy to sell the pair for £95 plus postage?

Lisa
    Lisa - It would be great to see a list of any other workshop tools! You're not selling any doming stuff or punches by any chance?

I've got both a Milbro and a Foredom. Both have quick release hand pieces - the Milbro has a Faro. I'd hate to have to fiddle around with spanners to change the bits. I also have a Dremel that I've set up in a drill press which is useful. I like both the Milbro and the Foredom equally, so I'd probably go with the Foredom on price. The Milbro though has been running non-stop for about 15 years with just a bit of oil in the flexshaft from time to time. The Foredom is fairly new, so I can't comment on its longevity.

Thanks Carole Do you have any issues with accessories coming loose in either? Does your Milbro take most accessories with different shank sizes (like the 2" radial discs Lauren mentioned)?