Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lights to work with

Default Lights to work with

I need more light over my bench and thought of getting the one on Cookies site. Not sure if I want the daylight colour so may go for the triple tube 3 x 14 watt one. Has anyone got one of these and what do you think of it. At the moment I have three anglepoise ones which are ok, but the base takes up a lot of room. My dad bought a daylight lamp for reading and it gives off a very white light, ghostly. Any ideas anyone.

Ikea faux anglepoise with a high-wattage CFL photobulb. Screw or clamp to the bench.

.is that a single bulb, at the moment I still get shadows which is difficult for me as I only have one eye, need good shadowless light

It is a single bulb, but it's a large coil. Google them, you'll see what I mean.

I've got a triple one but mine has daylight bulbs and is fantastic for working under.

I'd be interested to have a go with one of those Ikea ones. Is it this one, Peter? I've got three genuine Anglepoises of varying vintages. The most recent one (bought about 10 years ago) is rubbish, because it frequently won't stay exactly where you put it no matter how much you fiddle with the tension in the arms. The older ones are fine - -ish.

That's the beasty. Same issue with it staying put unless you tighten it up quite a bit.
    With a daylight balanced photo CFL in it it can also double as a light source for photos. Edison screw, BTW.

Is it one of the Cooksons ones Carole, and is it the three flourescent tubes one, because I think that mums hasnt got tubes its LED lights but strips of about 10 of them. The light is very bright but not very restful.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I've got a triple one but mine has daylight bulbs and is fantastic for working under.

Hi Pat,
    Just dropping into the forum for a few minutes in between a myriad other things.
    You might want to contact these people who are almost just down the road from you in Totnes I think.
    http://www.optimalowvision.co.uk/choosing.cfm
    They sell to the general public and I have bought a couple of magnifiers from them at better than average prices.
    I think they also sell the one that Carole mentions at a good price but they may also be able to recommend a type of light(s) that particularly suits your need.
    For myself I prefer colour rendering close to daylight.
    I expect you already know but if not and you are looking around most white light colour rendering is measured in degrees K with 5000K to 7000K being close to daylight and 2000K - 3000K being what is loosely described as Warm White (Ordinary Light bulb/tube colour)
    The lamp colour will normally be specified on the bulb or lamp
    Hope this helps
    Tim