Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woven Bangle

Question Woven Bangle

I finished this at the weekend. The weave is made of pure silver, the rest is sterling. Ideally, it would've been all be sterling but this is a gift and I wanted to use what wire I had.

Critique and/or questions most welcome (I have rhino skin). I've created a few woven pieces now (all sterling) and they seem to get the thumbs up from colleagues and friends but I wondered what the makers thought (that's you lot )?

Many thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Woven Bangle Front.jpg   Woven Bangle Shape.jpg   Woven Bangle Side.jpg   Woven Bangle Detail.jpg  
    Indi

That certainly gets the thumbs up from me Indi. Beautifully done, love it.

I really like it Indi. The weave looks perfect and the style of the ends looks great.

Love it!
    I'd wear that in a heartbeat.

Yes me too, love it.

It's beautiful, I love it. Lovely balance of texture and the high polished ends

Really beautiful and stylish Indi. not just the bracelet, but the photograph too. Dennis.

It's got it all, style,beautiful lines and the polished ends set it off a treat.

DONNIE

www.silver-n-things.co.uk

What they all said and then some ...

Wow, fabulous piece, I can only echo the others, but also have a couple of questions, purely out of curiosity

Is each 'set of threads in the weave a single round wire, with 2 twisted strands of wire and another of round wire, then woven together with others of the same mix?? You may realise, this is not my thing at all, sorry if I'm not making sense, But I am quite intrigued!! Presumably you need to keep quite some tension of the 'strands' to keep them tight and so tidy?? And last question (for now at least), I love the style of the end caps, how are the strands held together, fixed in these??

Thanks Indi, for showing your work