Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smith Little Torch - where to buy?

Default Smith Little Torch - where to buy?

As the title suggests, does anyone know of a reputable UK dealer that retails this soldering torch?

I've checked and cannot locate one.

Cheers,

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Try H S Walsh, they sell them and are a reputable UK dealer. See; http://www.hswalsh.com/product/little-torch-kit-tb40

James

Yep,.......Walshes....

Brilliant, thank you. One last thing, where on earth do you buy the oxygen tanks from? I know this can run on butane, propane etc but where's the best source for the Oxygen do you think?

Nick

I think very few of us use oxygen tanks Nick. We all prefer to use an oxycon. If you search for oxycon on here, I'm sure you'll find lots of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    Brilliant, thank you. One last thing, where on earth do you buy the oxygen tanks from? I know this can run on butane, propane etc but where's the best source for the Oxygen do you think?

Nick
    Nick, I run my Little torch on Propane which I get from a local garden centre, you pay a one off fee to rent the cylinder and from then on it's just refill costs. As for oxygen I rent my cylinder from BOC and then it's just refill costs. Many members of this forum have bought reconditioned oxygen generators. See; http://www.tuffnellglass.com/content...glass.com.html There is an Oxygen Concentrator for £235 on this page, it is a model others have got and recommended.
    I will probably get one when my current BOC rental contract runs out.

James

No problem with the propane as I've got a large tank I run a Siervert torch off for melting down metals. It was the Oxygen part that stumped me. However thanks for the info on the oxycon setup Carole / James, and I'll do a search on the forum for more info.

Thanks as always,

Nick

Hi Nick. I use a BOC oxygen tank costs about £84 per year, the oxycon generator at £235 looks attractive and would pay back in four years but would it be sufficient to run my little torch.

DONNIE

www.silver-n-things.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by donnie View Post
    Hi Nick. I use a BOC oxygen tank costs about £84 per year, the oxycon generator at £235 looks attractive and would pay back in four years but would it be sufficient to run my little torch.

DONNIE

www.silver-n-things.co.uk
    Very much so. In fact, I only need to run my oxycon at around a third of its maximum capacity for the little torch.