Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enamelling.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    I'm really bad. I almost never ever depletion guild.
    I don't very often depletion guild either.

Thanks very much James. Definitely worth considering for the gold items. Not sure if I'm ready to chance cremating that much money just yet

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    I have friends who are enamellers, but I think they may be a bit pricey for your silver charms.
    But if you are looking for top quality enamelling then try Keith Seldon, he has done a lot of enamelling for me in the past, see; http://www.keithseldon.co.uk/
    Also there is Graham Hamilton, who owns Kempson Mauger, P.O.box8078, Ongar, Essex,CO5 0WT. phone, 01272824754

James

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Although you can teach yourself enamelling, I'd always recommend a short course as it's such a big topic and there are so many things that can go wrong. Even after enamelling for about 15 years, I still get rejects. I would recommend the Linda Darty book though, it's the absolute best and does cover enamelling on silver and gold as well as copper.

Thanks for the advice Carole. I contacted a guy relatively close to me in Suffolk about a course, but I'm still waiting to hear back, so for now I think I'll treat myself to the book and try to get enough "me time" to read it

I don't know how you even have time to think about enamelling with so much going on. What a busy person you must be with all your children.
    There's definitely not enough hours in the day! I can work full time from home with the children which is a blessing, but I usually find myself surviving on 4 hours sleep and trying to fit in jobs like washing my carpets, by doing them at midnight

Washing your carpets?!!! That's a once in a blue moon job for me.

Wash carpets? Burn them to recover the lemel!

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Wash carpets? Burn them to recover the lemel!
    Yep, Peter, I'm with you!!