Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying rough gemstones, in the UK

Thanks everyone

In the end I have bit the bullet and brought the stone I wanted from the states- I then brought a few more pieces to make the charges worthwhile (fool that I am, but excited too!- a set of 4 lovely raw emeralds).

I have wondered about gemrock auctions- I assume duty is still paid when they come in to the UK? I always resent the £10 the courier charges to handle the duty- they look like a great site.

I've used the Genuine Gemstone company- or at least the "gem collector" site and found them to be good, didn't realise they do rough too. I have also had good results for finished stones from gem select in Thailand.

I'd love to go to Tucson, but I get told off enough for just a few tools or a stone- I'd be in the bad books for months if I went to Tuscon!!!

Cheers Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MMM Jewellery View Post
    Thanks everyone

In the end I have bit the bullet and brought the stone I wanted from the states- I then brought a few more pieces to make the charges worthwhile (fool that I am, but excited too!- a set of 4 lovely raw emeralds).

I have wondered about gemrock auctions- I assume duty is still paid when they come in to the UK? I always resent the £10 the courier charges to handle the duty- they look like a great site.

I've used the Genuine Gemstone company- or at least the "gem collector" site and found them to be good, didn't realise they do rough too. I have also had good results for finished stones from gem select in Thailand.

I'd love to go to Tucson, but I get told off enough for just a few tools or a stone- I'd be in the bad books for months if I went to Tuscon!!!

Cheers Matt
    those stones on that site are… well… pretty!

I bought some stuff from gem rock and didn't have to pay any import. Lucky maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by midascraft89 View Post
    We are manufacturers and exporter of all kind of Handicrafts, fashion beaded jewelry, loose beads,crystal Bracelet, silver bracelet, Gold Bracelet, scarves, shawls, jewelry box, home furnishing and fashion accessories supplies from India and China.
    Oh. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by midascraft89 View Post
    We have an extensive experience of more than 10 years. We strictly follow and respect TAT
    So…to summarise….would you say you have an extensive range of…er... tat?

I follow and respect The Jedi.
    Indi

To their credit, there was no attempting to pretend they were anything else...

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    To their credit, there was no attempting to pretend they were anything else...
    .....that gives them credit Peter??......tut, tut (I take your point, but still shaking my head....)

This thread is sooo last year dear.

you could always ask on this facebook group for rough or cut stones all uk based
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1654557401500400/

I have three trays of polished Opel's to unload. Interested?

lightingridge

Photo's, prices, quality, carats ??