Thread: A South Sea Bauble.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A South Sea Bauble.

When Wendy of Pearlescense managed to charm one of her suppliers into parting with this large Hawaiian pearl, even though it belonged to another lot, it seemed fated to end up in my collection.

So here it has been since last autumn, working at my subconscious on how to turn it into a pendant necklace.

First I made a handmade chain, a slimmed down version of an antique pocket watch chain, with a matching adjustment section. It is finished with a small freshwater pearl as a charm. On the other end is a hook fastener in similar stile.

The long links were made by stretching large O-rings with the contraption shown in my first picture.

The bell for the pendant is like the calix of a mini-aubergine and the whole is a bit like regalia, but it is going overseas, where they are not shy about a bit of power dressing.

There is one question I had meant to ask Wendy. When she is in Hong Kong shopping for pearls, does she have to sort them with chop sticks? Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stretching A Link.jpg   hp1 Hawaiian Pearl Necklace.jpg   hp2 Deatail Of Front.jpg   hp3 Detail Of Back.jpg