I know nothing about websites or their sales efficiency, but looking at your site Nick I have a few observations. The first is it's on screen size, I have a 24 inch wide screen and your webpage shows as a small square in the centre of a black edged screen, then your work photos run on a smaller section of this square, why waste the opportunity to fill the screen with photos of your work or information?. There are no details of each piece shown, I would have liked to be able to click on a photo to see an enlarged version along with details of the item and a price.
This is all from someone who has never sold his work online, I was on the Goldsmith's Company website for 6 years before my retirement; http://www.thegoldsmiths.co.uk/exhib...n-gold-silver/ and in that time I didn't get a single enquiry via the website. But I must admit I do a lot of shopping online these days.

Good luck with it anyway. As a final comment looking at photo 10, the ear studs, I would prefer not to see the snipe nose plier grip marks on the wires of a finished product. ( spoken as an ex workshop foreman / manager )

James