Thread: Loose Chain

Default Loose Chain

I have been asked by a customer if I can get heavy loose sterling silver chain to buy by the metre. I think she wants a rectangular box chain like the one she has now, but hers is very heavy and you cant see light through the box. The one she has now is too short, and she wants one the same but longer. I am not sure what the chain link is called it may not be box, but the actual chain is round, similar to a snake, but the links are . I will try and take a photo of it and put it up here so someone can identify it. Most of the companies I have l looked at have thin chains, nobody seems to stock heavy ones. Any ideas would be appreciated.

hmmm rashbels and palmers do a fairly good range of loose chains, maybe worth checking them out? Not quite sure what it is you're after though… a round box chain?

It looks like this, can anyone identify please.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toni's chain.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	5646

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    It looks like this, can anyone identify please.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toni's chain.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	5646
    I used something like this many years ago and it was called Box Belcher chain, but when I Googled the name there are many varieties of box belcher.

James

Bellore, silver square anchor chain looks a bit like it, Pat. It comes in two sizes the large is code40581.

http://www.bellore.co.uk/shop/silver...s/8003619.aspx Dennis.

It does look a lot like it, I will have to ring for a price. Thanks again folks, I think I will have to make a list of companies to buy this type of thing from, I only really use three, Kernowcraft and Cookies and sometimes Suttons.