Thread: Gents signet ring

Default Gents signet ring

Hello! Now, I may be being a bit of a numpty, but how on earth do I measure this accurately to finish it into a size N ring? It's not flat!

http://www.cooksongold.com/Stamped-S...rcode-YSG-023H

I'm guessing make it up as is and see the size, then adjust as necessary?

Hi Neve, I think so make the ring round mark and cut 1/2 size small, solder, stretch to size.

DONNIE

www.silver-n-things.co.uk

Once annealed, you can probably bend it around a ring stick, with your fingers, at size L. The ends will be too long and lie side by side.

Then slowly slide it along your ring stick until the flat bit only just covers the letter N. Cut and solder.

At this point the ring will be tight, but can be gently tapped on a round mandrel until it is perfectly round and big enough. Avoid bashing the flat bit. Dennis.

Just out of interest, do men still wear signet rings?

Funnily enough, since yesterday I've counted three men wearing one on their little fingers. Fat fingers. Big gold signet ring. These were older men not sure about the younger crowd.
    Indi

Thank you, thank you! I am now on the case my hubby has always wanted this style of ring, as his Dad wears one. It's his 50th birthday soon, so I'm making one as a surprise. Now I know how to

X x

Once made and you have checked the size, you might want to get it engraved with a monogram to finish it off. Our member Alan at GetiTitanium is a wizard at this: http://www.geti.cc/