Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Website feedback

Quote Originally Posted by 2753tony View Post
    i assume the circle you refer is the one with AF initials on it?
    No, I meant the the circles on the background of the page or the radial gradient as referred to by Martin.

I echo what Martin has said about your 'about me' text re the institutions and would definitely include the place names instead. I have sent you a PM with a slight rejig of your text correcting the grammar - I hope you don't mind.

Photography is a whole other ball game! If you can get some consistency with the backgrounds used it would definitely pull the site together a bit more.
    Indi

Quote Originally Posted by 2753tony View Post
    Hi Caroline, that was one of my main concern: spelling mistake, as English is not my first language. perhaps can you point me where are the missed words/mistake? Thanks
    Well I still like the black, more so in the gallery, the homepage is perhaps a bit dark.
    It is the structure of the sentences and I agree that if you are going to mention training then perhaps you need to say where you trained. Once you have worked out what you want to say then you sort out the grammar and the odd missed word. I was brought up in a household with a non native and it made me smile but it does need to be sorted for this purpose
    Some info for each piece would also be good
    I wouldn't even know where to start to get to this standard so good for you, it just needs adjustment in places

I'm with Carol on the black background as I think it looks too much, but my main gripe ( with all respect ) is the gallery page... some of the pics aren't actual photos, and they appear to be 3D renderings which to me is very off-putting.

Nick

For me this is just a museum of beautiful jewellery, but if I can't see any way to buy it , or for that matter any prices, I click on the little cross.

the resolution on the photos is not very good. I don't mind dark backgrounds myself. As Dennis also said, there are no prices and the site feels clunky to navigate. I like the overall look though.

Thanks all for the feedback, lot of work to do. Personally I'm not a fan of white background, especially in jewellery, but trying to add splash of white here and there definitely add contrast. Should i add prices even if there is no a shopping cart? i did compare with few websites and some of them leave blank asking to be contacted if interested @Nick, none of the pictures are 3d rendering (Photoshopped yes, perhaps too much sharpening?) i'm just a bad photographer, doing all by myself with a compact camera and positioning the lights is also a struggle so far..

Hiya. I run my business completely online but like you, have no shopping cart.
    Definitely include prices - there's nothing that irritates customers more than having to phone for a price - Like having to ask for prices in overly expensive galleries and shops. You might just find they don't get in touch at all.
    Personally, i can't believe you're photographs are so good considering your set up - I've been fighting with my new camera & new light box for weeks!! The "floating on white" effect is frustratingly difficult to achieve
    Take a look at the Cartier or the Piaget websites - Both very dark & not my taste personally, but they work

It might be an idea to add a "how to order" tab at the top alongside your other main links at the top of the page - just to make ordering as accessible as possible, even if you just use it to explain why you have no online shopping cart; add your contact details again & add a few additional product photographs.
    It would just make ordering more straight forward.
    Last edited by Lucie; 09-02-2014 at 11:38 AM.

@ Lucie, just like to thanks for your advice, taking it slowly but added the how to order page and price will be added when i finalized them. understand your frustration in using your camera and equipment, at this stageo get a decent shot over 200 pictures are useless, such a time consuming task!
    Tony