Thread: Website feedback

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello Tony, I'd like to give some feedback on your website.
    I'm afraid it will sound negative and critical, but it is genuinely intended to be helpful and constructive.
    I wouldn't normally reply to a thread like this but I like your jewellery and I don't think the website does you justice.
    I'll also add that I know nothing about web design and I certainly couldn't do a better job. My comments just reflect how I perceive your website.

There are four pages.

Home:
    Love the picture, but on my monitor there is a very distracting radial gradient going on as the background, this looks a bit like an interference pattern and I think detracts from the jewellery item. Love the name in red but I don't think the af logo underneath is in harmony with the typeface of the red writing.
    My main criticism however is that there is no real content on this page - that may be the norm for websites though.

About me:
    This does not read at all well. It's much better than I could write in Italian though :-), but it does need re doing.
    I'd suggest you are a UK based, Italian designer (as opposed to an Italian, UK based designer), just personal opinion.
    Perhaps specify which institutions you mean if you are mentioning them. (To me the word institution conjures up children's homes, borstals and psychiatric units. No offence to the forum orphans, bad boys and mad folk)

Portfolio jewellery:
    Like the items - but there is no description. Clicking on the goto link opens the home page in a new window. I think it would be usual to be able to click on the image or another link which takes you to more info about the piece. Usually something about the materials used, some pretentious bull about what influenced you to design and make it, perhaps the price and availability if you are selling the stuff.

Contact me:
    I dislike web forms so I'm pleased to see you have included an email address. We have no idea where you are in the country though. It may not matter much but the nosey git in me wants to know. You may be in the next street and I can pop round for you to thump me :-)

Feel free to ignore me but if you do nothing else, have a re think of the about me page.

All the best,

Martyn.

Sorry - just noticed two other replies posted while I was typing this!
    Last edited by trialuser; 27-01-2014 at 02:45 PM.