Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 x Recent Bracelets

I like them too, especially the 2nd one.
    Very pretty.

Lovely work

Beautiful .. just beware of wall-paper syndrome: you see all the imperfections that no-one else notices

Just looked on your Folksy website Medusa, wow what a lovely selection, love the dark rings. Do you rub liver of sulphur on them to make them dark?

Well, please answer me. I have no idea what you have done but I love all the stuff on your Folksy site, especially the Blue Chaldecony ring. I am still learning and any helpful info is good. Only doing it as a hobby and sell a few things at craft fairs, but trying to push my boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    Just looked on your Folksy website Medusa, wow what a lovely selection, love the dark rings. Do you rub liver of sulphur on them to make them dark?

Patstone - medusa hasn't posted in this thread as far as I can see.
    She probably has no idea you have asked her a question

Oh whoops, senior moment, perhaps thats why I didnt get an answer then. Anyone can answer me, I know that you can make things black with Liver of Sulpher but the ring that I am talking about, looks steel coloured, and it looks nice, of course it may be steel, but her other stuff is silver.

Pat, I don't know the piece you're talking about, but a lot of us use platinol for silver. It can give a range of colours, but the end results tend to go through the blue/grey/gunmetal spectrum rather than the golden/purple tones that are often associated with liver of sulphur.

yes thats the colour, sort of gunmetal. If you look on Theresa's folksy site, its a big blue chaldoceny stone in a wide setting. It would just add another dimension to the silver things I make, after all, its either shiny, hammered or brushed, and it gets booooooooring.

P.S Just ordered some to see what it does. I wonder if Theresa wipes it off again, I suppose she does otherwise it would be black.
    Last edited by Patstone; 16-02-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Well if it is your first time Pat, I'll repeat what I usually say. It tends to be flaky if it reacts too fast, so:

Don't use it neat; dilute some by about half with cold water and when you are satisfied with the colour rinse in cold too.

It attacks skin and hair, so use gloves and either dip it, or brush with a synthetic brush.

Once rinsed and dried, it looks rather dull, but the wet look can be restored with a little wax polish. Spray on furniture polish will do it. Dennis.