Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! How do I repair my fired art clay?

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

I make things in polymer clay that I simply could not do in constructing. I won't go down the 3-D printing route and struggle with form pressing. I like to make things I have personally designed, from plastics and then use Delft to finalise it's intended look in Silver. In some ways, this has some comparison to working in clay, albeit in a very minor way.

Good luck with what ever anyone wishes to work with. If I recall correctly the early works of humans involved teeth, stones, bark and skin.

Would be nice if we had more sections for peeps to go directly to them and see if that encourages more discussions, or do we have a metal clay section and I have missed it?

I stopped working with clay because it's so damnned tricky! Seriously much harder to use than sheet or wax for casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    ... or do we have a metal clay section and I have missed it?
    We do, and this is in it!!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    We do, and this is in it!!
    Hehehe, I know

Yes I did sound rather elitist. Sorry about that, but I hope the ensuing discussion has cleared the air and that no one will be shy of joining the forum.

That said, it still begs the question: can anyone help Helen to mend her broken heart? Dennis.

Thanks for all your comments! I have been looking around the internet and come up with this:

http://www.hollygage.com/pages/techniques.html

which tells me about using oil paste to repair it. And it does need something better than the ordinary art clay paste which doesn't precisely "gum" itself to it.

So I shall order some! And thanks again for your comments.
    Helen

Damn! Have just found out that it is only fired with a kiln. And in Norwich, who has a kiln? Not me. At least, not yet.