Thread: Mirror Finish Silver

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mirror Finish Silver

Hi,

I am wanting to achieve a mirror finish to my small pendants, currently I am achieving a shiny finish but when in bright light and when taking photographs I can see visible directional faint lines/scratches which I presume are left over from sanding as the lines are always in the direction I sand and polish.

Currently I use 800, 1000, 1200 grit wet & dry then Luxi Blue, then Luxi White, I am wondering whether purchasing a barrel tumbler would be beneficial? I have tried using emery paper after I sand but I am having trouble using this as it works perfectly to start with, then suddenly a massive scratch will appear which I believe is some tiny bits of silver getting under the emery paper? I would love to hear your suggestions, I have attached some pictures, one is photographed at an angle so the lines cannot be seen and the other is photographed in direct sunlight and you can visibly see the lines.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0917.jpg   1514608_476933965744744_604437507_n.jpg