Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ultra sonic cleaners

One thing that was useful that I learned in my class was that if you use household ammonia diluted in hot water and leave item in it overnight, (apart from that awful nappy smell before disposable ones came into being) works quite well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    One thing that was useful that I learned in my class was that if you use household ammonia diluted in hot water and leave item in it overnight, (apart from that awful nappy smell before disposable ones came into being) works quite well too.
    Methylated spirits will also do a fine job in minutes rather than over night.
    Poor old Les

Soaking in a jamjar of Polyclens or Polycell paint brush cleaners also does a good job of removing some hard to get at polish residues.

James

For what it's worth I have recently bought the Ultra 8020-h (heated) machine from Cooksons - currently about £85 inc Vat.
    Its actually a James product.
    Glad I paid the extra for the heated version which is also equipped with electronic timing and a degas function for fresh fluids.
    Am currently using with Sea Clean courtesy of Cookson's free sample offer at the time. Will try Fairy when that runs out.
    My need is for small batches and individual items. In short it works for me The machine is rated for intermittent use and being plastic cased would probably not stand up to a harsh or very busy environment.
    Have posted a review on Cookson's
    Can't comment on the long term reliability yet.
    Tim

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

the 8020-h is still cheaper off site (sorry Cookies, you know how I adore you, but when something is £72 elsewhere including postage; it would be good to get a price match).

I used one of the earlier models, and had to add my own heated water. It was a wonderful machine, quiet and manageable in the workshop. I have since moved on and have a unit that is classed as professional. Well, it is actually my second one and sadly, it is already playing up. I would like to use mine everyday, but some days it plays about with the timing and temperature. I really cannot cope with the hassle of trying to wait for it to be sorted (second one to fail is a pain in the proverbial) and potentially never hearing about it again as it probably abducted someone in the process!

Good price!
    I bought from Cookson's on a Freepost (would have been an extra £15 ish I think) and free Sea Clean so hopefully I've broken even.

Please don't tell me it is the 8020 - h that you bought as a professional model that is now playing up??!