Thread: Stamping silver 925

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've been thinking about buying one of those "925" stamps from ebay and keeping it on display on any stalls I have, purely to demonstrate the importance of full hallmarks & how 925 on it's own means nothing & how easy to is to obtain one of those stamps. It's astonishing how many people do not know what a hallmark is and they geniunely do believe that the presence of the "925" alone means it's sterling silver.
    As a crafter and seller of sterling silver, I kinda feel it's my responsibilty to help show clients (or potential clients) what hallmarks are and what they mean etc.
    I'm always posting information and videos etc on my selling facebook page about hallmarks.

It upsets me as I know of someone who sells all the time and they're not even hallmark registered. Everything they sell, be it over or under the legal weight is never, ever hallmarked. Despite many times being reported, they're still doing it and have been at it for decades!!!!
    Some play by the rules and others don't I guess. xx

P.s - I have everything possible sent to assay for hallmarking, no matter how tiny
    Last edited by Keia; 09-12-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: missing info
    Sian Williamson