Thread: All the best plans !!!!!!!

Default All the best plans !!!!!!!

For two weeks I have been advised by doc and physio not to saw, file or do anything that involves using my arms as i have bad muscle spasms in my shoulders,yesterday I thought I would make a bezel for a pendant my niece wants me to make for her, my thoughts were its not strenuous so I sat at my bench and was about to solder it and my phone rang. It was my daughter, she had the day off real work and was making a ring and the sawblade broke and the bit that was attached to the saw was in her right thumb. As she is left handed she couldn't detatch it, so we spent all afternoon in A & E.

Sorry to hear that Pat, but you might remember that only two weeks ago someone complained that their tutor would not let them pierce towards their thumb, citing Health and Safety rules. Elf and Safety are often rubbished when people are impatient, but they are useful twins.

Broken saw blades can be like fish hooks, so I hope it was not too big a job to get it out. Regards, Dennis.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

oh I am sorry to hear about Sam, hope she is going to be okay and no long standing troubles from the blade.

Hope you feel better too - sympathies indeed from me and kindest wishes to Sam xxx

Thanks guys, I am still suffering with cramp but its being treated so will get better in time. Sam had the piece of silver in a vice and was cutting a hold in the back of a bezel for a ring, so it shouldnt have happened really. She is fine, but had to laugh when she told me she had tightened up the saw blade really tight to make it "sing", and of course she only had one hand to undo it and the knobs to undo it were on the other side, and she is left handed so couldnt reach the knobs to detach herself from the saw handle as one end of the blade was still in the handle and the other end was in her thumb.
    Last edited by Patstone; 28-11-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Best wishes to you both, hope you feel better really really soon xxxx
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

You poor things Hope you both feel greatly improved quickly - Sam's injury sounds very painful.

Ouch and ouch! What you need is acupuncture.