Hellooooo

I don't often ask for help, but I am a little stuck. Sorry if I am a little garbled in the following.

My neck is taking much longer to heal than on previous occasions.

Although the pain is now manageable with regular meds, the residual numbness to my left index finger is really causing me problems (occasionally has pins an needles, so it is on the mend). It often means I am not holding onto things as I have previously done.

I have tried using my trusty leather jawed Maun pliers, but my grip in general is very poor at the moment and things fly out of the jaws after a few zips on the Knew concepts.

I have tried a ring holder, but cannot get it to stop wandering - I did think about hacking it and making one side flat - which is possible if I put it in a vice and file away, I guess and they are relatively economical on the pocket to not worry about hacking into one. I do have a bench pin with a placement for ring holders, but it is the wrong cutting angle. I have tried my grs ring holder, but it is at the wrong height and in the wrong place, and again the wrong angle for me to cut.

The Maun has been the best as it means I can sit the stock flat - but the force is not strong in this one. I have put a little lever into my peg to help the pliers and take the strain away from my neck whilst holding... again, it helps a little, until I lose the grip.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I need to get some things completed with minimal loss to both the metal and my digit!

many thanks for any advice and support if you have some time to share.