Thread: Is anyone a Seller on Not on the High Street?

Question Is anyone a Seller on Not on the High Street?

Morning Guys,
    just curious to know if anyone on the forum is a seller on Not On the High Street?
    And is the £600 upfront fee worth paying?
    Thanks in advance!

I think Carole still is, one of the ACJW members are.

I looked at it but by the time you're accepted and paid the fee and then they take a cut from every sale (from memory) and with competition on price apparently the modus it, like Amazon, is there for the enabler and the buyer rather than the seller. I think it would be hard to make much money though you might make turnover.
    £500 would pay for quite a lot of advertising on google if you have your own website
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I thought the joining fee had been reduced, but the commission upped, so it's worth checking on this as it might suit you better. I'm afraid I don't know anyone on there apart from Carole.
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

I had a friend turned down as she was told there were too many people selling her kind of thing in the jewellery category.
    Certain categories definitely seem to be filled up by large franchises or companies with significant financial backing, so I think a big consideration is "who potentially is your direct competition?".
    Still, it never hurts to put in an application. You don't have to go ahead even if they say yes!

They won't consider any products where the photography is not up to a certain standard.
    I've been considering t for a while, but I need to sort my photographs first and I still haven't worked out what i'm going to about that!

You might be onto a winner if your product easy to find & going to be something people find when they type in a search term.
    I think it would put me off if I was going to end up on page 10 of a search.

Noths is very hard to get into but for me, it's been well worth the investment. I think it's dropped to about £200 to join now. There are though so many jewellers on there now that unless your work gets promoted, you may never get noticed. Fortunately for me, I'm in their Christmas catalogue so things are good for me. I have to say that joining Noths is the best thing I ever did, though it's not without its problems.

Yes, looking at the site again, it does seem to have tons of Jewellery on there!
    But thanks for the replies everyone!