Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Casting

I don't send work out much, but when I did a wax carving project, I sent it to West One castings, like Lauren. It came back Immaculate and finishing was superfluous, so I just brushed it up with my soapy brass brush. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 22-11-2013 at 10:36 AM.

That's beautiful Dennis. I'm going to work on my wax carving when I take my few weeks maternity leave

A rather nice fella from Just Casting phoned up this morning to say that my wax has been recieved and is being prepped for casting already.
    It should be cast & fully polished to a mirror finish by the end of next week.
    They also offered to get it hallmarked and engraved for me (they engrave in-house) - although I'm going to stick with my existing engraver as I love them

So far; I'm very impressed by the service, but the truth with be in the casting!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    That's beautiful Dennis. I'm going to work on my wax carving when I take my few weeks maternity leave

A rather nice fella from Just Casting phoned up this morning to say that my wax has been recieved and is being prepped for casting already.
    It should be cast & fully polished to a mirror finish by the end of next week.
    They also offered to get it hallmarked and engraved for me (they engrave in-house) - although I'm going to stick with my existing engraver as I love them

So far; I'm very impressed by the service, but the truth with be in the casting!
    Sounds good!

I posted a wax off to Niagra Falls monday last week and got it back the following saturday. I nearly passed out! Nice small neat sprues as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Yikes. Thank you for the heads up - did they say why?
    They kept claiming my emails went into their spam filter. Then people were on holiday/getting married/off sick. I probably didn't chase them as much as I should have really, I got a bit fed up with the whole thing. West One have recommended me someone for CAD stuff if I decide to get anything done again in the future, so I don't think I'd use Weston Beamor again.

My experiece of JustCastings is not good. They went on holiday for the whole summer and left me in the lurch. I had to find another caster at short notice at it cost me all of the profit on the job. However I have known Andy at West One almost since they started out and I cannot fault their quality and professionalism. Adam.

The Weirdly Wonderful Isle and Royal Manor of Portland

Has anyone had any experience with http://www.jewellerycastingscotland.com/ I had absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I phoned them last week but found them really helpful. They are quite 'up front' with their pricing and their minimum charge is quite low so I am tempted to send them a few random bits. Would someone, more experienced, mind taking a look and posting what they think. Many thanks.
    Last edited by bilythepink; 27-01-2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: getting rid of annoying 'jumping' smiley