Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pendant Drill

Unhappy Pendant Drill

Hi
    Can anyone recommend a good pendant drill?
    I am on my 2nd one now. While nothing wrong with the motor, the hand tightened hand-piece will not hold burrs securely and they slip down which is annoying to say the least!
    Is the Foredom snap in any good? I've noticed a lot of people seem to use them.
    Thank you
    Theresa

I have this exact problem - except the burrs don't only slip. They come free of the drill completely and fire across the room.
    I'm hoping for a new one for Christmas before I take an eye out!!

I'm having trouble deciding between a foredom micro motor and the Milbro with a quick change hand piece.
    Does the Foredom have a model number- I couldn't find the "snap"?

I found this link. Not sure if it's useful?
    http://www.suttontools.co.uk/vtr-for...dant-drill-kit
    Last edited by Lucie; 12-11-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Before you change get someone to take your existing tool to bits in case the chuck/collet can be tightened. Or do it yourself, why not? All the respectable makes such as Foredom have this facility, of course. Dennis.

Is it just the hand piece that you're both having a problem with??

if so, take it into your local supplier, it may well be that the collet needs adjusting, I have a foredom quick release handset and had a similar problem, I could not sort it and in desperation took it on to Cousins (where I had bought it from, when they were in Birmingham), they sorted it, showed me how to adjust it and it's a doddle now!!

(....and money saved to spend on other goodies!!)

I've got a Milbro and a Foredom. They both have quick release handpieces. I think I prefer the Milbro but that's probably because I'm more used to it.

I had this problem a year or so ago. Someone who lives in France and is banned from this forum now told me to email foredom in america and complain, every time I used it as a drill it just stopped turning. After a few emails back and forth they sent me a chuck handpiece for nothing. My daughter had the same problem and they sent her one too. Strange they did t tell me you could tighten them. Come one Dennis you are good at explaining things it would save me a bit of agro if I could use the quick release all the time and just use the chuck one for bigger things. Pleeeeeease.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    I have this exact problem - except the burrs don't only slip. They come free of the drill completely nd fire across the room.
    I'm hoping for a new one for Christmas before I take an eye out!!

I'm having trouble deciding between a foredom micro motor and the Milbro with a quick change hand piece.
    Does the Foredom have a model number- I couldn't find the "snap"?

I found this link. Not sure if it's useful?
    http://www.suttontools.co.uk/vtr-for...dant-drill-kit

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    I had this problem a year or so ago. Someone who lives in France and is banned from this forum now told me to email foredom in america and complain, every time I used it as a drill it just stopped turning. After a few emails back and forth they sent me a chuck handpiece for nothing. My daughter had the same problem and they sent her one too. Strange they did t tell me you could tighten them. Come one Dennis you are good at explaining things it would save me a bit of agro if I could use the quick release all the time and just use the chuck one for bigger things. Pleeeeeease.
    Peter posted instructions on how to adjust the handpiece, I did point that out to you at the time you said you had the problem http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sho...?t=3649&page=3. The instructions sorted my handpiece problem out and it's worked fine since.

I don't actually have a Foredom Pat, I have a micromotor now, and each handpiece over the years has had its own method of adjustment: some with a spanner and some with a tool like a screwdriver with a gap in the centre.

All I ever did was take off the outer sleeve and work out how it was done, because I could never find the instructions by the time they were needed. If you can't do it yourself, maybe you know someone who is good at adjusting gadgets. Dennis.

Thank you everyone, certainly enough food for thought here!
    I bought my pendant from Axminster Tools, their own make, so I will now phone them and see what they have to say.
    Last edited by theresa; 14-11-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Let us know how you get on Theresa!!

Tabby xx